The Albuquerque Community Foundation has 16 separate scholarship and student aid programs to help New Mexico students attain their educational goals.
Each scholarship program was established by a donor with individual interests and priority areas. They represent the broad diversity of the generous individuals who care about education and believe it is the best way to give back to future generations. For this reason, requirements vary for each program. Please read about each program carefully prior to applying.
- Some programs are available only to Albuquerque residents.
- Some programs are for graduating high schools seniors to begin their post-secondary education
- Some programs are for students already in college
- Graduating high school seniors from public, charter and private schools may apply
- Use of the Reference Form included with application is optional. References are welcome to write a personal letter instead of using the form
- Some programs are only eligible for students attending New Mexico colleges/universities
All recipients must attend a nonprofit or public educational institution. The Foundation will not make awards to students attending for profit schools. Potential applicants should check College Source carefully before submitting an application.
Examples of nonprofit schools are:
- State schools: i.e. The University of New Mexico
- Community colleges: i.e. CNM
- Nonprofit schools: i.e. St. John’s College.
Examples of for-profit school are:
- ITT Technical Institute
- PIMA Medical Institute
- University of Phoenix
- Universal Technical Institute
You can check on the status of any college or university at College Source.
If I have questions about a program who should I contact?
Click here to send us email at or call 505.883.6240.
As decisions are made, selected recipients are notified by letter and names are posted on this website according to program. Applicants not selected will not receive a written notification.
Community Foundation scholarship and financial aid awards are available ONLY to New Mexico residents and those meeting specific criteria. Application deadlines vary. Most awards begin with the fall semester.
All financial and other nonpublic information contained in student aid applications is maintained by Albuquerque Community Foundation in a confidential manner at all times.