Pooling resources to make the greatest impact.
Philanthropy is not only for those with substantial financial resources. No matter what your income level or life circumstances, you don’t have to be a millionaire to be a philanthropist.
What is a Giving Circle?
- A giving circle is a pooled fund that makes grants to benefit the community.
- Giving circles pool time, talent and resources between people who share common interests in social causes/issues and allow for a wide range in charitable philosophies, structure, size and focus.
- Giving circles work differently than traditional foundations and because of their hands-on approach, they are attracting many of the next generation of donors.
- Giving circles are a powerful way to impact social change. They use a model of “venture philanthropy” which infuses nonprofits with financial and intellectual capital as well as resources and contacts.
How do I establish a Giving Circle?
Contact the Foundation to establish a named fund. Notify your family, friends and colleagues that you are looking for members. Members recommend how the money will be distributed to address specific community needs. Participate in educational opportunities within the giving circle to learn more about philanthropy.
Why should I establish a Giving Circle?
- Pooled dollars can have a far greater impact than smaller, individual gifts.
- Collective “know-how” of a group adds value and impact to volunteerism and philanthropic investment.
- Creating partnerships with a small number of nonprofits allows a deeper level of involvement to better gauge your return on investment.
- Participating in a giving circle is an excellent way to learn in-depth about issues of importance to you.
- And it’s fun!
If you and your friends are interested in learning more about philanthropy, finance, grantmaking, and community needs, you can accomplish this by establishing a Giving Circle today!
A Giving Circle may be established with a minimum $25,000 contribution that can be grown over 5 years.
Once you meet the minimum contribution, you can continue to add any amount to the fund at anytime, receiving tax benefits with each new gift.
Give the perfect gift, the gift of charity.
Are you looking for the perfect gift for that person that has everything?